Sunday, October 25, 2009

loving how God works.

He speaks to us so tenderly, in the most unique ways, at the most crucial times.

tonight i was talking to a lifelong friend and we were sharing what the Lord was teaching us. and i learned, yet again, that God binds hearts through joys and trials. and He allows one to build the other up. what a blessing to serve a God who provides sweet fellowship with other believers. so this song was shared with me and i just love the words: (please listen to the actual song if you can find it on itunes!)

i will not take my love away, by matt wertz

i will not take my love away


when praises cease and seasons change
.

while the whole world turns the other way-


i will not take my love away
.

i will not leave you all alone


when striving leads you far from home.


and there's no yield for what you've sown,


i will not leave you all alone.


i will give you what you need.


in plenty or in poverty
.

forever, always, look to me.


and I will give you what you need.

and, so perfectly, God spoke straight to my heart today with His word and through His people. the sermon today was from luke 10:38-42 on the story of mary and martha. Jesus so very tenderly told martha that her sister, mary, had chosen the good portion, and that it would not be taken away from her. my prayer for my heart right now is that i would seek to find the ONE thing necessary (in Jesus!), living in undistracted devotion to Him, keeping a "sanctuary in my heart where nothing else is permitted". there is so much to learn from the joys and pains of life. so thankful for a God who is committed to us when we are so uncommitted to Him.

...but he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed...

isaiah 53:5

No comments:

Post a Comment