Tuesday, November 10, 2009

a favorite.

i have a new favorite christian artist. andrew peterson.

i've loved his music since college...but the past couple of years i have really grown to value the quality of his music, the lyrics, and special meanings many of the songs have to my heart. the songs make me think of (1) dear friends from pc, (2) a sweet season of life, and (3) healing and renewal from the truths proclaimed in the songs.

last christmas i was in crossway. my favorite store to browse when i'm in greenville. i was in there with a mission to purchase a book. so i find my book and innocently go to the checkout counter. come to find out they have andrew peterson, resurrection letters volume II on display. the sign reads "SALE: $5". and that was enough for me to grab it in haste and throw it in my pile for purchase. what a sweet $5 that cd became to me. i actually didn't even listen to it right away. i was preoccupied with another new cd. but at the right time, God brought the cd to my attention. and He used it for healing and renewal. i love it. loooove it.

my favorite song is All Things New. here are some of the lyrics:
Come broken and weary. Come battered and bruised. My Jesus makes all things new, all things new. Come lost and abandoned. Come blown by the wind. He’ll bring you back home again, home again. Rise up, oh you sleeper, awake, the light of the dawn is upon you. Rise up, oh you sleeper, awake, he makes all things new.

i cling to that promise. Jesus makes all things new. he restores. he redeems. he makes beauty from ashes. what a God we serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment