Thursday, September 17, 2009

worth remembering.


he held me as a baby. and a little girl.
and watched me accomplish many things.
he brought joy to my life in so many ways.
i can still hear him saying, "hey jenbaby".
september 13, 2009 God called papa jordan home. he lived a full life on earth for 86 years. i rejoice because he is now with the Lord, and i mourn because he is no longer with me. it still doesn't seem real. he's been a part of me since the beginning of my life. he watched me grow up. he shared sundays at overbrook with me. he showed me how to love people. he taught me to laugh in life. he demonstrated a faith that was admirable. he supported my trips in country and across the ocean. he shared his love of photography with me. he celebrated graduations and homeownership. he adored hank as much as i do. more than anything, i know that papa loved me for me. he showed me in his words and actions. and i hold our last earthly encounter very close to my heart, as he used all his strength to mouth "i love you" with tear-filled eyes.

psalm 116:15 is truth for this time. "precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his godly one". papa jordan knew and loved the Lord. he was a vessel of the Lord's goodness to so many. i know that he is now with his Maker, and that is a precious thing. i have peace in my heart--the peace of God which surpasses all understanding (philippians 4:7).

...like clay in the potter's hand, so you are in Mine...

3 comments:

  1. Love your thoughts on your sweet grandpa. Grandfather's are the BEST!

    Adding your blog to my reader! I can't wait to get some more Jennibean!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aunt Peggy said: Not sure of blogging! I've never done this! You were so blessed to have PaPa Joe in your life! As I told you the other day, many go through life and never know such unconditional love! May your pain soon be replaced with more precious memories! May your heart be ever grateful for the many blessings of our life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jenn...so beautifully written. Thankful your grandfather is with the Lord. Thinking of you and love you girl- MK

    ReplyDelete